An engraving by Della Bella showing (central) the arena outside the Pitti Palace in Florence where one of the last Ballet Festivities for the Medici clan took place in 1637. Click for an enlargement. The flanking panels relate to individual parts of the dance.
The two mounted figues are Della Bella himself and the chief engineer.
32 x 44 cm folding plate.